About Vehicle Licencing
Vehicle licencing is one of the Road User Charges collected by ZINARA. Revenue collected from vehicle licencing is channelled towards Periodic and Routine Maintenance carried out by Road Authorities.
The disbursement of funds to Road Authorities is based on submission of program of works, submission of acquittals of previous allocations, and the type and size of road network.
- Requirements to licence a vehicle
- + VEHICLE REGISTRATION BOOK
- + VALID ELECTRONIC INSURANCE COVER NOTE
- Vehicles which are off the road or grounded as a result of lack of spare parts can be exempted.
- Exemptions must be justified. In some instances ZINARA has the right to consult with the Vehicle Inspection Department (VID) for further inspection before awarding a certificate of exemption.
- Exemptions are not in retrospect. This means a vehicle is only exempt during the current term. All unlicensed terms are regarded as arrears.